SPREZZATURA is my favorite word. At its base level, it means nonchalance. It describes the art of doing something difficult with the greatest of ease.
Art without (apparent) effort.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Too bad I can only do this once.

Last night I punched the "facebook" icon on the first posting of my new blog, just to see what would happen. What happened was pretty phenomenal. I heard from many people and I will carry their good wishes with me into the operating room on Thursday morning. One of the most interesting messages came from my good friend Linda Okazaki, in Port Townsend who said, "We have another dear person, Chuck Deardorff receiving a kidney from his brother today. This gift is one of love and life. Blessings !"
It seems that at least half of all the news stories I've read since this process started in December, have had something to do with kidney transplants, surgery, anaesthesia, weight loss. Okay, that might be an exaggeration. I have been known to exaggerate from time to time. In any case I seem to have become a magnet for the word "kidney." This is probably payback for the many times in my life when I haven't paid any attention to the word.
Here's wishing Chuck Deardorff and his brother speedy recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment