SPREZZATURA is my favorite word. At its base level, it means nonchalance. It describes the art of doing something difficult with the greatest of ease.
Art without (apparent) effort.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Another update from Terry--he's off to the races!


This is Terry's blog update from two days ago. It sounds like the kidney is working very well indeed. 

Finalé
4 1/2 weeks post op. My new kidney is working fine, lab numbers are right where thy belong for a good working, healthy kidney. Wounds all healing nicely. No pain at the incision site. It's a total success.
From here on out there will be labs every week, clinic visits every couple of weeks. gradual decreases in the anti rejection meds to a maintenance level. And life goes on with a average life span for a transplanted kidney of 20 years. If it, and I, last that long I'll be 90 years old.
But as I've mentioned before I'm having severe back pain with any weight bearing activity. Undoubtedly surgery will be planned as soon as possible, hopefully the first part of July. This back pain seems totally unrelated to the kidney problems. It's its own separate disease. I am getting used to the wheelchair and today plan my first trip off by myself.
But who wants a blog about an old guys back disease. There's plenty of these in every block. A kidney transplant, that's a bit different.
So with a thank you first to Paul, then to the transplant team, then all of you  people who have made 635 visits on this web site in the month or so it's been open, and finally to ingrid and Itzhak. I will say buena salud y bien viajar. Love Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment