SPREZZATURA is my favorite word. At its base level, it means nonchalance. It describes the art of doing something difficult with the greatest of ease.
Art without (apparent) effort.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

We're BACK !!

We took a couple of days off, just kicking back at the Adagio Bed and Breakfast. My day was spent reading for 15 minutes, then sleeping for an hour. We did make a trip out later in the afternoon to visit Terry in the hospital. He's looking great, and using his iPhone to snap and post pictures of his nurses. So the kidney must be working. This morning we moved across the hall from the Debussy suite, to the Handel suite, got the computer hooked onto the internet, and spent a few minutes trying to remember the things I wanted to post to the blog. We're going to make an excursion to the Denver Art Museum this afternoon.

This photo was taken a half hour before the surgery. Terry stopped by my pre-op room for a chat, probably to make sure that I had checked in to the hospital. His surgery was scheduled to start an hour and a half after mine, so he got to watch me being prepped like a Thanksgiving turkey. He also got to watch the beginning of my surgery on the big screen in his
operating room. Part of me
wishes I could have seen that too. But the sensible part of me is happy that I didn't see it.

2 comments:

  1. So how did the self hypnosis thing go on this event? I know you had only read the first two chapters and couldn't learn how to count backwards from 99, but thought maybe you would just skip a few chapters and get to the part where you say "this won't hurt, this won't hurt, this won't hurt....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a chance to try the self-hypnosis. The anaesthesia cocktail kicked in before I even left the pre-op room. Every time I talked about counting backwards from 100, the anaesthesiologist just smiled at me quietly.

    ReplyDelete